Tips and tricks
Answers to your questions about Royal Caribbean gift cards
Where can I pick up a Royal Caribbean gift certificate?
There are a few different places you can find these gift certificates. You can buy your Royal Caribbean gift certificate right here for an amazing discounted price. Or, purchase one on the Royal Carribean website. Either way, they can be emailed or mailed directly to friends and family.
How do I check the balance on my Royal Caribbean gift certificate?
We can help you check your Royal Carribean gift certificate balance.
Do Royal Caribbean gift certificates ever expire?
When gifting someone travel credit to a cruise, you never know when they are going to have the time to actually cash in your gift. You don’t have to worry about the gift certificate expiring before your loved one gets to use it. Royal Caribbean gift certificates never expire.
Does Royal Caribbean have reloadable gift certificates?
Unfortunately, Royal Caribbean does not allow you to reload Gift Certificates at this time so you will have to purchase a new one every time you run out.
Where can I redeem my Royal Caribbean gift certificate?
- Certificate must be used as a form of payment towards a new reservation made directly with Royal Caribbean. Once the gift certificate is applied to the reservation made, the reservation may be transferred to your preferred travel agency.
- Certificate is valid only for Royal Caribbean International sailings in USD and is not redeemable for cash. It may be applied to all ships, departures and stateroom categories.
- Certificate may not be applied to a group reservation, charter or customized group program.
- Certificate may not be used towards onboard credit or to settle any shipboard charges. A deposit is required at time of booking.
- Certificates may be used in multiples and may be used to supplement cash payment or credit card.
- All reservations are subject to availability.
- Once a reservation has been made with a Certificate, normal cancellation policy, schedules for deposit and final payments shall apply.
- Changes to reservations may be permitted, subject to availability.
- Certificate is transferable only when gifted and bears no expiration date.
- Certificate is nonrefundable and not replaceable whether lost, stolen or if booking is cancelled.
- Certificate shall be void where prohibited or restricted by law and if sold for cash or other consideration.
Is there a limit to the amount I want to buy one for?
Traditional gift certificates are available in denominations of $50-$2,000.
If purchasing on Gift Card Granny, you can buy one up to $250.
Does Royal Caribbean replace lost gift certificates?
Royal Carribean gift certificates are sent electronically through email and they are redeemed as onboard credit prior to the trip, so there are not many ways for the credit to be lost. As long as you save the email once it is sent to you, you should always have proof of purchase. If you lose the email, the card value will not be refunded to you.
About Royal Caribbean
Royal Caribbean International is an award-winning global cruise brand with a 46-year legacy of innovation and introducing industry “firsts” never before seen at sea. Onboard, guests are catered to with the cruise line's world-renowned friendly and engaging Gold Anchor Service by every staff and crew member. All Royal Caribbean cruise fares include most meals and snacks onboard your ship and any private destination you visit. The company sails to more than 275 of the world's most popular destinations, including the Bahamas, Caribbean, Europe, Australia, Asia, Dubai and more.