Can You Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
There’s $3.27 left on your Visa gift card. Are you scratching your head wondering how many packs of gum you can purchase? Put down the calculator; we’ve got news for you. Did you know that you can use your Visa gift card on Amazon? All you have to do is follow the simple steps below.
How To Use A Visa Gift Card On Amazon
1. Go to Amazon’s ‘Reload Your Balance’ page
2. Enter the amount on your Visa gift card into the custom amount box (see arrow in image below).
3. Sign in to your account during checkout; this step may be skipped if you’re already logged into your Amazon account.
4. On Step 2 'Choose a payment method', Click on 'Add a credit or debit card' in the payment methods box; you’ll then be directed to a 'Add a credit or debit card' prompt (see arrow in image below).
5. Enter your gift card information in the specified fields and click 'Add your card'; if you’re unsure as to which name is on the card, there is a phone number on the back of your gift card that you can call to reference the information. Note: For Gift Card Granny issued Visa and Mastercard gift cards, you can simply enter your name.
6. Select your gift card you just added as the payment method. Confirm that your selected payment method is the gift card you've just added. For the billing address, there is a phone number on the back of your gift card that you can call to reference the information. Note: For Gift Card Granny issued Visa and Mastercard gift cards, you can choose your normal Amazon account billing or shipping address.
7. Review the amount you're going to be loading to your Amazon gift card balance and click 'Place your order' whenever you're ready!
Still wondering why this is useful? Imagine you have seven Visa gift cards with funds ranging from $1.89 to $17.54. Instead of using each gift card separately, you can combine your Visa gift card balance for a lump sum of money to spend on Amazon. As an added bonus, there is no minimum or maximum amount required on your Visa gift card to reload your Amazon gift card balance. Please note that Amazon requires a minimum of $0.50 to be loaded to your Amazon account, so if your Visa or Mastercard gift card has fewer than 50 cents available, you won't be able to do this.
Don’t forget that your Visa gift card may have an expiration date. Reloading your Amazon balance is a great way to avoid losing the funds!
As an added tip, use the steps below to redeem your Amazon gift cards or to add a new Amazon gift card to your account.
How To Use Amazon Gift Cards
- Find the claim code on the back of your Amazon gift card
- Sign into your Amazon account; if you do not have an account, click on the ‘No I am a new customer’ button and make an account
- Access ‘Your Account’
- Click on the ‘Gift cards’ button
- Click on the ‘Redeem a Gift Card’ button under 'Your Gift Card Balance'
- Enter the Amazon claim code
- Click the ‘Apply to your balance’ button