Who doesn’t love receiving an iTunes gift card?! They’re great for music fans, book worms, movie lovers and tech junkies.
If you’re lucky enough to have an iTunes gift card, it’s time to get shopping! The steps below will show you how to easily redeem and use your iTunes gift card.
How To Redeem Your iTunes Gift Card
- Find the 16-digit redemption code on the back of the iTunes gift card
- Go to the iTunes Store, App Store or iBooks and sign into your account; if you do not have an account, create an Apple ID before proceeding
- Once logged in, go to the ‘Account’ menu and click ‘Redeem’
- Credit your account by either typing in the code or using your computer’s camera to scan the code; the camera option is only available when there’s a box surrounding the redemption code
How To Redeem Your iTunes Electronic Gift Card
- Access your iTunes gift card email notification
- Click on the ‘Redeem Now’ button; if you do not have an account, create an Apple ID before proceeding
- The funds automatically populate when the gift card is redeemed via your email
And just like that, your iTunes gift card is ready for use! Verify that your card has been redeemed by reviewing the dollar amount that’s next to your name – it should now include the value of the card. If you need to replenish your account, here’s a list of businesses that sell iTunes gift cards.
iTunes Gift Card Tips
- Remember that the redemption code is the 16-digit number and begins with an ‘X.’
- The redemption code is found on the back of your card but may be located in different places (ie middle, top, etc).
- iTunes gift cards can be used on the iTunes, App, Mac App or iBooks Stores.