1. Have a Plan. Gone are the days when Black Friday and Cyber Monday simply meant checking ads in the Sunday newspaper to see which retailers had the best deals. Black Friday has turned into a whole month, or more, of deals and savings. Getting an early start and creating a simple plan can make all the difference in how much you save on Black Friday. Include details like where and when you plan to shop, what you plan to buy and how you plan to save: pay with discount gift cards, use Gift Card Granny’s Secret Deals (a list of special gift card promotions and goodies), etc.
2. Do your homework. Only rookies head out on Black Friday and Cyber Monday unprepared. Make a list of the gifts your friends & family want and the gifts you want to give. Study the ads, in print and online, to find the best deals or use price and coupon tools. You don’t have to go retailer-by-retailer to compare prices. Try Google Shopping, plus services such as NexTag, PriceGrabber and Shopzilla.
3. Stock up on discount gift cards before you shop. So, you found a great deal on a gift they’ll love at Best Buy. Before you head out in the wee hours of the morning on Black Friday to get that gift, buy a discount Best Buy gift card to pay for your purchase so you can combine discounts and save even more! You can buy discount gift cards for 100s of top brands through Gift Card Granny’s website, the Gift Card Granny app on iOS or app on Android.
4. Pay for your Black Friday and Cyber Monday purchases with discount gift cards. When you use discount gift cards to pay for your Black Friday purchases, you maximize your savings. For example, you find a $125 item at a store and use a 20% off in-store coupon — the total before tax is $100 (for a savings of $25). You pay for your purchase using a $100 gift card you bought for 20% off through Gift Card Granny for $80 (for a savings of $20). When you combine the discounts, you save $45!
5. Don’t forget Secret Deals. Gift Card Granny, with the help of our loyal users, scours the Internet and the notification texts, tweets, and social media posts of top retailers looking for the best intel on gift card bonus deals, giveaways, goodies and promotions to share with you.